One of the benefits of membership in ACGA is our quarterly bilingual e-zine, An Naidheachd Againne. It is often the only connection that geographically isolated members have with ACGA and Scottish Gaelic. We hope that you enjoy reading it as much as the editorial team enjoys putting it together for you.
If An Naidheachd Againne is something that you consider worthwhile, we wonder if you would consider joining our volunteer editorial team. Gaelic is not a requirement in order for you to volunteer your help.
We are looking for volunteers for the following positions to supplement the current editorial team. Please note that we work cooperatively so that no one person is left with too much of the work.
- Must be able to work carefully according to our guidelines to proofread content for spelling, typographical and formatting errors. No particular computer skills required beyond a general ability with Word, Apache Open Office or Pages.
- A willingness to join the ACGA forum, where discussion about the current issue takes place.
- Availability in the two weeks before publication (not necessarily for every issue). Publication dates are March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15.
- Someone willing to shadow the current content editors for the next few issues to acquaint themselves with our process and be ready to take on the job of content editor for one issue per year. We currently have 3 editors who take turns being content editor. Work on a particular issue begins approximately a month after the publication of the previous issue (March 15, June 15, September 15, December 15)
- A willingness to join the ACGA forum, where discussion about the current issue takes place
Content editors are the “shepherds” who co-ordinate an issue by:
- Deciding with the other editors on a lead article and contacting potential authors.
- Contributing ideas for other articles / content of a particular issue and contacting authors.
- Keeping track of article submissions and deadlines.
- Co-ordinating the proofreading schedule.
- Should have experience with Microsoft Word and Publisher, especially with creating and using styles.
- A sense of design is helpful.
- Expectation of doing one issue per year and taking over at some point.
- Availability at least 2 weeks prior to publication (March 15, June 15, September 15, December 15).
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
leis gach deagh dhùrachd,
An Sgioba Deasachaidh/The Editorial Team, ANA